Pages

Friday 25 February 2011

My Favourite Find at London Fashion Week!

I was at LFW this week and thought I'd talk about a designer who particularly caught my eye. 

As I was wandering around, thinking some of the stands looked a bit like a jumble sale, I came across Tamara Fogle. I was instantly struck by her beautiful collection of bags as well as the stylish layout of her collection - far superior to those surrounding her.


She'd used meat hooks on rails to display her bags giving the stand an upmarket, quality feel about it. Not sure the pictures do it justice but here are a couple:



A gorgeous red leather clutch was calling out to me and when I picked it up the leather was so beautifully soft (being made from soft hide with a water-based aniline finish) that I knew I had to have it! You can also fold it in half, assuming you haven't already crammed it full of 'essential' items, as seen below:



Fogle uses Italian leather and the bags are all produced in family run workshops in London. The collection is classic and timeless; I love the new colours introduced for S/S 2011. Other than red my other favourites are orange and teal - I particularly like this one:


Tamara Fogle's bags are available in various stores and boutiques throughout the UK and overseas and you can also buy them from her directly. All details on her website www.tamarafogle.com.


© Copyright 2011 Alice Treanor

No comments:

Post a Comment